Are you a celebrity? If so, can you please write me (donate) a family-friendly Haiku for my new book, "The Money and Currency Poetry Collection"? The book will include 100 haikus (some mine, and some from celebrities) and 100 poems (some mine, some from pre-1923 works of authors and perhaps, some from celebrities).
So, What is a Haiku?If you don't know, a Haiku represents traditional Japanese poetry. Consisting of 17-syllable verses of three metrical units containing 5, 7 and 5 syllables. Here's an example of one that I wrote:
# Silly Grandfather
He glues down a bright penny.
'Laughs and laughs and laughs.
How can you get me your Haiku?Please send your haiku with a title and how you would like your name presented with the Haiku (e.g., by John Doe) via one of the following methods:
- You can e-mail it to me at email@example.com.
- You can phone it to me at 609-576-1546. If I don't pickup, you can leave it on the answering machine. I will not replay your message for the public, I will just transpose it for the book.
- You can add it to the comment section of this blog.
- You can send it to me on Facebook.
- Or you can get it to me another method, if you have one... snail mail would work too. :)
Please Tell your Celebrity FriendsDo you have celebrity friends too? If so, please let them know about this request. It would be awesome if I got more than a few celebrities to help out here.
A little more Ambitious you are?If a haiku isn't your thing or if you have a little more time and energy to share, feel free to send me a full poem. :) Remember it has to be money/currency related AND family-friendly.
Due DateI'm hoping to have all haikus (or other poetry) by November 1st, 2015. :)
Who am I? (Robert Liguori)If you are wondering who I am, you can find me on Amazon as I've authored several technical books.
Thanks for your help and for sharing your poetry with the world!